Re: scientific paper in package only in postscript form non-free?]

Mark Weyer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 07:39:58PM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:26:39 +0000 (GMT) MJ Ray wrote:
> > > Sure, it should be - what happens if [the source] no longer exists?  That seems
> > > quite possible for a years-old journal paper.
> >
> > This seems to be a FAQ...

Not on http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq though.  What FAQ should
I have been looking at?

Thanks for the answer.

[...]
> I am asking because I tend to disagree. The scenario I have in mind is that
> someone takes a, say, GPLed work, modifies it, and distributes the modified
> work without (what would otherwise be called) sources, claiming that he "lost"
> the sources.

I agree that would be a problem, but GPL is a special case because of
the explicit definition of source.  I was asking about the general
case.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef