Re: please advise on how to "attribute" correctly using CC BY-SA 3.0

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> writes:

> and that was exactly the reason for my question since I have not found
> online (nor in the urls you have provided, thanks!) any reasonable
> example exercising this provision with an attribution by referencing a
> publication.

I don't know what the Creative Commons discussion forums are like, as I
haven't used them. With that said, I think those forums are likely to be
a better option (than ‘debian-legal’) for getting relevant information
on this.

The relevant part for this forum has already been covered: if the
license terms are followed correctly, the CC BY-SA 3.0 license terms
appear to be acceptable for distribution in Debian.

Advice on how to use their licenses is probably best requested in a
forum specific to Creative Commons.

> Any comments are still welcomed ;-)

I wish you good fortune in getting informed answers.

--
 \                   己所不欲、勿施于人。 (What is undesirable to you, |
  `\                                             do not do to others.) |