Re: NASA CDF

Teemu Ikonen <tpikonen@gmail.com> writes:

> The conclusion I draw from the threads above is that the license above
> is DFSG-free.

I agree with you, but also with those who observed that the notion of a
federal agency holding copyright is a bit odd; published US government
work falls into the public domain, and I would expect a work for hire
(by a contractor) to have a corresponding copyright holder.

IANAL, but I do work directly for a different US government agency (the
National Center for Biotechnology Information) as a software developer.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu