Re: Distribution of media content together with GPLv2 code in one package?

Rudolf Polzer <divVerent@alientrap.org> writes:

> In case of the voice synthesis application, is it recreating or
> editing when you re-render the voice using different words, and then
> perform editing on the resulting file (typically: reverb, EQ, dynamics
> compression)?

It's important to recognise that the only answer which matters here is
that which would be given by a judge if it were ever to be a case in
court. So there's only so far that hair-splitting like this can take us
before it becomes moot.

You have the opinion of several non-lawyers on this matter. At this
point I advise you to form a provisional opinion on that basis, until
you seek the advice of your own professional legal advisor.

--
 \        “Members of the general public commonly find copyright rules |
  `\        implausible, and simply disbelieve them.” —Jessica Litman, |