Re: Unclear license situation in ruby1.8 (GPL, SSL, Ruby license)

Hi!

Lucas Nussbaum schrieb:

Erm. See http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/2982 for the upstream
bug. An upstream developer replied saying:
When you want to link openssl, you use Ruby's.
When you want to link readline, you use GPL.

I read the bug report.  Hmmm...

I guess that the question is whether that works for ftpmasters if we
ship a ruby package that virtually chose a different license at
different stages of the build process, but doesn't link together files
built at those different stages.

That is a really good question. Sorry, but I don't know the answer for that, yet...

Best regards,
  Alexander