Re: Unclear license situation in ruby1.8 (GPL, SSL, Ruby license)

On 19/03/10 at 20:59 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> We will do our best to get an exception before the release.

Erm. See http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/2982 for the upstream
bug. An upstream developer replied saying:
> When you want to link openssl, you use Ruby's.
> When you want to link readline, you use GPL.

I guess that the question is whether that works for ftpmasters if we
ship a ruby package that virtually chose a different license at
different stages of the build process, but doesn't link together files
built at those different stages.