Re: Inappropriate use of Debian logo.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:47:23 +0100 Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

[...]
> Thanks Joss for the Cc, as I'm not subscribed to -legal (so please keep
> the Cc on replies).

Done.

> I've read the thread and I do have some questions for the list. As far
> as I can tell, there is no *trademark* violation going on here, simply
> because the swirl is no trademark,
[...]
> However, if
> the swirl used in the mentioned website is derived from the Debian
> swirl, than we might have here a violation of the DO(pen)UL,
[...]
> As far as I can tell (IANAL, and before contacting SPI lawyer) what we
> should ask Legend PC is then to come into compliance of the license, by
> mentioning copyright and permission notices.
>
> Does that matches the analysis made by other -legal people?

As far as I understand it, your analysis matches the ones made by other
debian-legal regulars.
I have already expressed my own opinion:
so I won't repeat it here.

Please note that other messages were added up to the thread, without
apparently Cc:ing you.  I think this one is especially interesting:

 http://www.inventati.org/frx/progs/scripts/pdebuild-hooks.html
 Need some pdebuild hook scripts?