Re: Inappropriate use of Debian logo.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
As far as I can tell (IANAL, and before contacting SPI lawyer) what we
should ask Legend PC is then to come into compliance of the license, by
mentioning copyright and permission notices.

But copyright doesn't apply to independent invention, which he claims this
is, and which seems fairly reasonable.  If he independently invented it we
only have a trademark claim; if we don't have a trademark claim we have none.