Re: package changing their license to get into main (sandboxgamemaker)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Scott Howard wrote:
"You are free to use and redistribute Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker
(Sandbox) in binary and/or source code form if the following
conditions are met:
4.  When you submit content (e.g. packages, maps, models) for
inclusion in Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker you grant
Platinum Arts LLC a Creative Commons 3.0 - BY SA license to copy,
modify, and redistribute the submitted content unless another license
is submitted with the content. Authors of the content will be credited
and they retain the copyright of their work.
5.  Most content includes an individual readme with licensing
information however if there is content you wish to use that is
lacking a license please contact us for clarification.
6.  This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty.  In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
or any other problems arising from the use of this software.

I have a hard time understanding how these are conditions.  Free software
licenses work because if you don't follow the conditions and use the program
anyway you are committing a copyright violation.  5) and 6) don't seem to
be conditions at all, unless you want to claim "the authors can be held
liable, but if you do so, you are violating copyright by using the program".
And while 4) might be a condition it sounds like "when you visit my city you
agree to buy me a beer".  You're saying that to use the program people must
do some completely separate thing.

Also, I was under the impression that a DFSG license can't restrict use
anyway, so you can't put conditions on use.