Re: logo license with debian - no warranty missing?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> it would be much more productive if this scenario would be accompanied
> with some data and facts about which law in which country make the
> non-warranty disclaimer necessary, exemplified by cases where these
> laws have successfully been used in court by the plaintiff.

I'll have to leave that work to others more motivated. I'm sufficiently
convinced (by what I've explained earlier in this thread) that any work
that *can* be interpreted as a functioning executable is an equally
valid target for a warranty disclaimer. So, a software work that happens
to be an SVG document needs a warranty disclaimer to the same extent
that any other software work does.

--
 \      “My interest is in the future, as I am going to spend the rest |
  `\                          of my life there.” —Charles F. Kettering |