Plugins for non-free software in orig.tar.gz

Hello,

(Please CC me in the replies, I'm not subscribed to the ML).

I packaged Aqsis recently: http://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/aqsis

and it contains a kind of plugin, adaptor or something like that for a
software called Houdini [1], which is "a high-end 3D animation package
developed by Side Effects Software which headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Its chief distinction from other packages is that it has been designed as a
purely procedural environment. A version of the product, called Houdini
Apprentice, is available as a free download for non-commercial use".

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houdini_(software)

This kind of plugin is intended enable Houdini using Aqsis renderer.

I can disable it and not build it/install it in binary packace, this plugin
isn't very important at the moment (e.g. it's not important enough to create
a binary package for contrib/); but I don't know whether we can have it in
the original source package, or it has to be removed altogether from
orig.tar.{gz,bz2,whatever}.

Also, I don't know if in the latter case, I should name the orig.tar.gz or
the package in some other way (like appending 'dfsg' or so).  The closest
documentation that I got so far is this one:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-origtargz

Any hints?

Cheers.
--