Re: ISDA CDS Standard Model Public Licence v0.1

Francesco Poli a écrit :
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:53:39 +1100 Ben Finney wrote:

4. Attribution Rights.

(a) You must retain in their original locations, in any copies of the
ISDA CDS Standard Model,
[...]
(ii) all copyright, patent, or trademark notices from the Source Code of
the ISDA CDS Standard Model, as well as any notices of licensing and any
descriptive text identified therein as an "Attribution Notice."

This sounds like the infamous GFDL's "Invariant Sections": if I
understand correctly, any "descriptive text" which is "identified" as
an "Attribution Notice" must be preserved in its original location and
(it seems) cannot be modified.
If the clause really means this, then I think any software package
licensed under these terms fails DFGS#3, whenever it includes such
attribution notices.

:)

Good ol' habits!

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll try having a quick chat with Markit on the issue you guys raised.

Although, with all due respect, I'd be more worried about indemnification than GFDL.

--
     Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/