Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

Sean Kellogg writes:

> You can object all you want. I'm not say that choice-of-venue clauses
> are somehow "great"... just saying that aren't prohibited by the
> DFSG. The DFSG does not give you everything you want, only what you
> need :)

The usual argument is that choice of venue violates DFSG #5 by
discriminating against people who live outside the venue.  Is there some
tenable argument that these license actually don't discriminate against
these users?

(People have been known to overlook details in the past.  The fact that
some works currently in Debian have choice-of-venue license clauses does
not in itself make those clauses DFSG-compliant.)

Michael Poole