Re: Severity of wrong GPL version?

Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@stdin.nl> writes:

> It should be evident that this issue should (and will) be fixed in the
> next package upload. However, these issues will then still be present
> in previous versions. Considering that they are licensing issues,
> should I take extra effort to get a new version into lenny to fix the
> GPL version issue, or is it minor enough to let it slip?

Based on:

* the problem is not a security issue

* the package as currently in ‘stable’ is distributed under free license
  terms from the copyright holder

I would say that an incorrect statement in the ‘debian/copyright’ file
is not sufficient reason to require a new release into ‘stable’.

--
 \          “One bad programmer can easily create two new jobs a year. |
  `\      Hiring more bad programmers will just increase our perceived |