Re: distributing precompiled binaries

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 15:37 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> I disagree, seeing PDFs as being like intermediate code rather than
> source code, but both gammu and remuco claim to be under the GPL, so
> require good source for their applets, so let's not have this debate
> here now.
Both gammu and remuco come with the sources required to build their
binaries, but both require compilers/components that don't exist in
Debian.

Either way, remuco's upstream author has informed me that the WTK
dependency can be dropped and replaced with MicroEmu, which appears to
be LGPL. When I have time, I'll work on packaging that, as it doesn't
seem to be in Debian yet.
--
Chow Loong Jin