Re: Apache license and machine-readable copyright

Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani@gmail.com> wrote: [...]
> I'm not sure how to describe this in a machine-readable copyright
> record. I've searched around, in debian-legal archive and on the wiki,
> but couldn't find anything. The notice quoted above doesn't report
> anything about the copyright holder, so I'm not sure about what to put
> in the Copyright: field.
>
> So far, I've used this form:
> ----
> Files: validator/src/org/openstreetmap/josm/plugins/validator/util/Entities.java
> Copyright: Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation
> License: Apache-2.0
>  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>  this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
[...]

Can you copy the owner names out of the NOTICE file into the Copyright
field?  "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation" is not the
copyright holder, so does not conform to
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat#head-d1d2adac8db71e98883d5b052e3ad1760b51ed80
which is the specification of MaRCopyright that I know about.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef