Re: GFDL 1.1

2009/1/30 Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com>:
Hi Dimitrij,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:49 AM,  <dmitrij.ledkov@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all

Software in question: GnomeSword
Software licence: GPL v2 or (at your option) any later

The documentation (Gnome Help file) is covered by GFDL 1.1 with no
invariant sections and a disclaimer.[1]

I want to clarify that it still qualifies for the staying in Main. I've
googled a lot about
Debian and GFDL 1.2 but I'm a bit confused if the Debian resolution applies
to GFDL 1.1 as well.

It also puzzles me that
GFDL 1.1 is not present in /usr/share/common-licenses/
And the proposed copyright format doesn't have GFDL-1.1 tag either (only
v1.2)

I'm member of the Crosswire packaging team and we are working on the new
upsream
release and hoping to get it into Jaunty and upload to Debian after Lenny
(due to dependencies).

Please help me to understand if this software with this documentation is
DFSG
compliant.

[1] This is legal notice of the help file.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under
the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later
version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant
Sections, no
Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.  You can find a copy of the GFDL
at
this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.

As you can see it says 'Version 1.1 or any later version', so it can
be used under GFDL 1.2 as well. So that should be fine.

Andrew

Hah =D Silly me, missed such an important bit.

Thanks.

--
Andrew Donnellan <><               andrew[at]donnellan[dot]name
http://andrew.donnellan.name          ajdlinux[at]gmail[dot]com

--
With best regards

Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич