Re: Are these licenses DFSG?

Florian Weimer wrote:
* MJ Ray:

cate wrote:
Eugen Dedu wrote:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=532456, about licenses
I think there is a problem in terminology. AFAIK (but IANAL), the
"any use" doesn't include distribution of software.
For this reason I think it is safe to classify it as non distributable,

It seems that the author intention was to interpret the "any use" in
a wider manner, but this is not legally safe for us.
I'd agree with that unless someone can tell me why not.

Surprise, surprise---it does include distribution:

ok, good! So IMHO (IANAL) the license is free according DFSG.

Unfortunately this statement was not in the original bug report.

The other licenses in bug report seems OK, but also this time I read only
the bug report + responses: I've not looked in the sources

ciao
	cate