Re: is the Clearthought Software License free?

Andrew Donnellan wrote:
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM, jochen georges <gnugeo@gnugeo.de> wrote:
hello debian-legal team,

i wrote a small java-app which i want to make a deian package from.
the code, that i wrote is under gpl, but i used the "TableLayout"-library
which has the following licence
(see:https://tablelayout.dev.java.net/files/documents/3495/59349/License.txt)
/*
 * ====================================================================
 *
 * The Clearthought Software License, Version 1.0
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2001 Daniel Barbalace.  All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *
 *
 * 2. The original software may not be altered.  However, the classes
 *    provided may be subclasses as long as the subclasses are not
 *    packaged in the info.clearthought package or any subpackage of
 *    info.clearthought.

"The original software may not be altered" - it's non-free, unfortunately :(

IMHO this point has an other meaning:
if you alter the code, you need to change the name (class name),
i.e. the modified file could be info.mymymy.clearthought.

I think it is covered by "Integrity of The Author's Source Code",
but I'm not sure to interpret the point 2 in the right way.

ciao
	cate