is the Clearthought Software License free?
hello debian-legal team,
i wrote a small java-app which i want to make a deian package from.
the code, that i wrote is under gpl, but i used the "TableLayout"-library
which has the following licence
* The Clearthought Software License, Version 1.0
* Copyright (c) 2001 Daniel Barbalace. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. The original software may not be altered. However, the classes
* provided may be subclasses as long as the subclasses are not
* packaged in the info.clearthought package or any subpackage of
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
* DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR, AFFILATED BUSINESSES,
* OR ANYONE ELSE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
* USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
* ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
* OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
* OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
is that a free software-licence?
thanks for any hint.
gpg 5450 CB6A C348 0DFE 74C5 2255 24D8 69BA BD49 AFF7