debian control license

Hi,

I'm interested in making a web based database of a subset of debian packages. Even though the scope of the information in the database would be larger than what's included in the debian package metadata, I think that for initial seeding purposes the debian metadata would be really useful. Specifically, I'd like to use the description field from the debian control file (and possibly other fields).

With that in mind:

1.) What is the license of debian control files?

2.) What requirements would I have to meet to include this information on a web site?

3.) (depending on the answers to the above) Could I use something like CC-by for the compete database of my site or would that conflict with using metadata from the debian packages?

Thanks,

Avery