Re: Judgement about the EUPL
Just in case anyone is interested, I've attached the diff between
versions 1.0 and 1.1. You can also read it online 
--- EUPL-1.0.txt 2009-01-23 13:09:40.000000000 +0100
+++ EUPL-1.1.txt 2009-01-23 13:15:14.000000000 +0100
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
- European Union Public Licence (EUPL) v1.0
+ European Union Public Licence (EUPL) v1.1
Copyright (c) 2007 The European Community 2007
@@ -50,7 +50,7 @@
Licensor (as defined below) has placed the following notice immediately
following the copyright notice for the Original Work:
- Licensed under the EUPL V.1.0
+ Licensed under the EUPL V.1.1
or has expressed by any other mean his willingness to license under the
@@ -85,7 +85,8 @@
o Distribution and/or Communication: any act of selling, giving,
lending, renting, distributing, communicating, transmitting,
or otherwise making available, on-line or off-line, copies of
- the Work at the disposal of any other natural or legal person.
+ the Work or providing access to its essential functionalities
+ at the disposal of any other natural or legal person.
2. Scope of the rights granted by the Licence
The Licensor hereby grants You a world-wide, royalty-free, non-
@@ -145,7 +146,9 @@
o Copyleft clause: If the Licensee distributes and/or
communicates copies of the Original Works or Derivative Works
based upon the Original Work, this Distribution and/or
- Communication will be done under the terms of this Licence.
+ Communication will be done under the terms of this Licence or
+ of a later version of this Licence unless the Original Work is
+ expressly distributed only under this version of the Licence.
The Licensee (becoming Licensor) cannot offer or impose any
additional terms or conditions on the Work or Derivative Work
that alter or restrict the terms of the Licence.
@@ -179,9 +182,9 @@
he/she brings to the Work are owned by him/her or licensed to him/
her and that he/she has the power and authority to grant the
- Each time You, as a Licensee, receive the Work, the original
- Licensor and subsequent Contributors grant You a licence to their
- contributions to the Work, under the terms of this Licence.
+ Each time You accept the Licence, the original Licensor and
+ subsequent Contributors grant You a licence to their contributions
+ to the Work, under the terms of this Licence.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty
The Work is a work in progress, which is continuously improved by
@@ -240,9 +243,8 @@
to download the Work from a remote location) the distribution
channel or media (for example, a website) must at least provide to
the public the information requested by the applicable law regarding
- the identification and address of the Licensor, the Licence and the
- way it may be accessible, concluded, stored and reproduced by the
+ the Licensor, the Licence and the way it may be accessible,
+ concluded, stored and reproduced by the Licensee.
12. Termination of the Licence
The Licence and the rights granted hereunder will terminate
@@ -260,11 +262,14 @@
applicable law, this will not affect the validity or enforceability
of the Licence as a whole. Such provision will be construed and/or
reformed so as necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
- The European Commission may put into force translations and/or
- binding new versions of this Licence, so far this is required and
- reasonable. New versions of the Licence will be published with a
- unique version number. The new version of the Licence becomes
- binding for You as soon as You become aware of its publication.
+ The European Commission may publish other linguistic versions and/or
+ new versions of this Licence, so far this is required and
+ reasonable, without reducing the scope of the rights granted by the
+ Licence. New versions of the Licence will be published with a unique
+ version number.
+ All linguistic versions of this Licence, approved by the European
+ Commission, have identical value. Parties can take advantage of the
+ linguistic version of their choice.
Any litigation resulting from the interpretation of this License,