avra 1.2.3 register/bit definitions with unclear license

Hi,

Since version 1.2.3 of avra [0] (not yet in Debian, I'm in the process of
packaging it) a zip-file is shipped in the upstream tarball containing
register/bit definitions for the various Atmel microcontrollers. The
package seems to come directly from Atmel [1]. The associated
applications note [2] doesn't state a license or copyright niether. The
files themselves contain no license or copyright statement, nor does the
upstream copyright mention these files.

[0] http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/avra/avra-1.2.3a-src.tar.bz2
[1] http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/AVR000.zip
[2] http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc0931.pdf

The files are not installed by the upstream makefile and seem to be
there for "documentation" purpose.

How should I continue packaging avra 1.2.3? Should I create a
.orig.tar.gz tarball without this zip-file? Or can I ship it
nonetheless?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Tobias Klauser

(Please Cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed to debian-legal.)