Re: independent.nu - DFSG compatible?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Ben Finney wrote:
> Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:
>
> > The key words here are what "totally free" means, and what "use"
> > means. If "totally free" means "you have the freedom to do anything
> > you wish with these works" then that's a different meaning entirely
> > than "you don't have to pay for these works".
>
> Given the subsequent "This means [use for any purpose]" language, I
> think "free as in beer" is unlikely (though we'd need a confirmation
> of that).

The problem is that we're working off of a translation without any
information as to what the underlying words that were translated
actually mean. There's not a one-to-one mapping between languages.

Don Armstrong

--
                    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN
Don't be teased or humiliated. See their look of surprise when you