Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

2008/9/3 Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>:
> If being usable in an SSH session counts as "supporting" remote
> interaction "through a computer network", then basically every program
> supports such interaction!

You're right, ssh was a bad example, probably not covered by clause 13.

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:27:14 -0500 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> Also, instead of providing a link to where the source can be found,
>> the embedded device's network interface could say "contact this
>> person, this group, meet me at the docks at 4 AM, come alone" and then
>> that other contact could provide the source over a network, since all
>> the device has to offer is an "opportunity".
>
> I don't think that (currently) qualifies as "standard or customary
> means of facilitating copying of software"...

I was joking when I said the docks part, but a link saying "contact
us, we'll get you the source" and that link actually takes you to a
place where the source can eventually be found, maybe after talking
with humans, does seem like a more or less customary method of
distribution (not sure about the humans in between bit).

- Jordi G. H.