Re: Header fields and followup address

[I am not subscribed to curiosa which this is now crossposted to -
please cc me on replies only there.]

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> * Ben Finney: [...]
> > It's essentially obsolete, at least for the purpose of mailing lists,
> > since RFC 2369 fields that allow the “reply to list” function are
> > deployed in essentially every mailing list manager. Let's agitate to
> > fix the “reply to list” functionality [...]
>
> The RFC 2369 headers don't work with cross-posting.  Mail-Followup-To
> does.

Mail-Followup-To doesn't work with *any* posting because it's so
non-standard and different clients handle it differently.

RFC 1855 says one should apologise in the body for cross-posting,
which would allow users to choose between list-reply and reply-all.
The debian lists code of conduct follows a similar principle.

Mornington Crescent!
--
MJR/slef