Re: Debian logo on quilt; license issues?

"KS" <lists04@fastmail.fm> wrote: [...]
> At the time when I asked her to make it, I thought it would not be a
> problem as it was "open use logo". But while browsing again on the
> Debian Logos page, I noticed the "debian" trademark licensing policy
> http://www.debian.org/trademark . Can the experts give their advice on
> this regarding any licensing issues involving the quilt artwork.

Others have answered well about the copyright licensing.

Unless the quilt is sold as Computer Utility and Operating System
Software, or used as packaging for such software, or some similar
confusing idea, I don't believe a trademark licence is required, as
explained in http://www.iusmentis.com/trademarks/crashcourse/rights/

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)