Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2008/9/2 Arnoud Engelfriet <arnoud@engelfriet.net>:
> > Not necessarily. A court may find the illegal clause severable and
> > act as if that clause wasn't there. Or it may rule that compliance
> > with the clause in question cannot be demanded from the licensee.
> > That leaves the rest of the license intact.
>
> What about point 12?
>
> 12. No Surrender of Others' Freedom.
>
> If conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or
> otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not
> excuse you from the conditions of this License. If you cannot convey a

What about it? A finding by a court that a GPL clause is severable
or that I am excused from complying with it is not a "condition" in
the sense of article 12.

Arnoud

--
IT lawyer, blogger and patent attorney ~ Partner at ICTRecht.nl legal services
        http://www.arnoud.engelfriet.net/ ~ http://www.iusmentis.com/