Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> As the AGPLv3 will force you, from the United States, to offer
> cryptographic software for export in the event that you modify server
> software using it and (make that software available for interaction
> over a network), it is forcing you to violate US law.

Making cryptographic software available for export from the US is not,
in an of itself, a violation of the law. Look at all the open source
projects which do it (e.g. the Mozilla project).

Open source products can be exported from the US under license exception
TSU (Technology and Software - Unrestricted) according to Section
740.13(e) of the Export Administration Regulations.
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2006/janqtr/pdf/15cfr740.13.pdf
(page 2). There may be a one-off notification requirement, I don't
recall. But if there were, that would not fall into the "unreasonable
burden" category, which is the point in question.

Gerv