Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

Francesco Poli wrote:
> davi.leals wrote:
> > Francesco Poli wrote:
> > >
> > > I am not talking about an intentional delay.
> > >
> > > I am talking about something like the following scenario:
> > > the source-hosting server goes down, while I am on vacation on another
> > > continent with intermittent access to Internet.  My personal copy of
> > > the source is on my home computer which is down with the plug pulled
> > > off.  My vacation has just begun and is going to last, say, five
> > > weeks[1].  On my first Internet connection I receive an e-mail message
> > > of a user (which is also one of the original authors of the network
> > > application I modified!) who informs me that he/she could not download
> > > the source of the modified network application.
> > >
> > > Clearly, I am *not* going to immediately come back to the airport and
> > > take the first flight home, in order to re-upload the source to another
> > > server as soon as possible.
> > >
> > > Am I failing to comply with the license?
> >
> > Just host the source code at Savannah or any other similar service.
>
> There seems to be some misunderstanding going on here...
>
> In the above-described scenario, the source-hosting server which goes
> down could well be Savannah or any other similar service!
>
> The problem is: while Savannah is down, am I failing to comply with the
> license?

Everybody understand there is no perfect system. Even planes fails some times!

Anyway, as Arc Riley exposed, if you fear, just host the source code at
several sites: Savannah, Alioth, Launchpad and Sourceforge for example.

The probability for all them going down at the same time is very low, and if
that happens it is probable your webapp goes down too with all the Internet.