Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

davi.leals@gmail.com wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > Is there a generally-accepted statement from FSF that a free VCS
> > solution is sufficient, or is this interpretation only valid for PySol?
>
> It is obvious that providing access to the Corresponding Source from a VCS at
> no charge would be OK if it is exactly the same software running at
> production.

OK, so it's valid for Herds, but is there a generally-accepted
statement from FSF that posting to a free VCS solution is sufficient?
Anyone can start writing "it is obvious" but it seems obvious to me
that using a free VCS solution would require the webapp to go offline
whenever the VCS goes offline, so merely posting to a free VCS would
be insufficient.

Also, this seems to be near the forced-publication/private-use border,
as it gives a choice between publication or bearing the cost of
hosting the C.Source (so that only your users can download it) and I'm
not sure whether that meets the guidelines on free redistribution and
the field of private use simultaneously.

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray (slef)