OpenSSL and GPLed kvirc

  Hello All:

  I'm working to close correctly bug #495269. OpenSSL exception for GPL has
been overlooked until now.

  I appreciate KVIrc main developer for his help and will to solve the issue,
but I'd like to make my mind clearer. Currently and as reflected on the
mentioned bug, the upstream COPYING (copyright) file has been updated, but
now I wonder if the KVIrc source files that bring the OpenSSL usage (just 3
AFAIK)  should explicitly mention the OpenSSL exception in their header,
where the copyright information appears. Currently neither Qt not OpenSSL
exceptions are mentioned on any of the KVIrc source files.

  Also I'm not sure what do I need to make the licence update flow into Lenny
as well.  I mean, since Lenny (hence KVIrc package) is frozen, I'm not sure
if I need a RM exception to include KVIrc next stable (3.4.1) [2] which is
due to be released shortly or I can "backport" those licence changes somehow.

  As KVIrc main developer states, next stable release 3.4.1, which will be
only a bugfix maintenance release, will include the OpenSSL exception in its
licence. Even we have written will (possibly even permission) from the KVIrc
copyright holder that OpenSSL exception applies on KVIrc, strictly speaking
the current released version (3.4.0) does not state that explicitly. (See
upstream tarball)

 As you see, I'm somewhat messed here, so help is appreciated.

  Regards,

[2] Current stable is 3.4.0

Note: Please CC me.

--