Conflicting license for Adeona?

(Please CC me on your responses)

Hi all,

I was looking at Adeona [0] and considering ITPing [1] it but then noticed
that the license [2] was a bit weird.

Under "TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION",
it's using the GPLv2, so that's fine.

However, under "TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE" it's got the following:

  "This program is offered "AS IS". Any use of this program is entirely at
   the user's own risk."

which I think is fine and maybe even redundant since the GPL already covers
something like that.

But then, it also says this:

  "Any output from this program is intended for informational, research and
   evaluation purposes only."

which seems to disagree with DFSG#6 but also with the GPL since it's,
perhaps unintentionally, adding a restriction against commercial uses of the
software.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

(I haven't emailed the university about it, I wanted to discuss it here
first.)

Francois

[0] http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/index.html)
[2] http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/license.html