[Fwd: Re: [SWISSEPH] Swiss Ephemeris Release 1.74]

A clarification from the developers to the effect that both the C library and the ephemeris data files meant to be used with the library are under the GPL. Again, please maintain CC.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SWISSEPH] Swiss Ephemeris Release 1.74
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:36:40 +0200
From: Alois Treindl <alois@astro.ch>
To: swisseph@yahoogroups.com

Shriramana Sharma wrote:
Hello.

I have notified Debian but meanwhile got a doubt:

Could the developers please clarify that both the C library **and all
the ephemeris data files** are available under the GPL now?

yes, the ephemeris data files are also under GPL.
They contain no license information, only copyright information in the
file header. But it should be enough that we say it.