Re: Do web applications disable GPL obligations?

* Måns Rullgård:

>> 1) I have not mentioned explicitly that the Java classes are published as
>> applets on a website. They are not offered as standalone download. I don't
>> see any difference in that the source code of GPLd applets must still be
>> made available, do you?
>
> Anyone who can get their hands on the Java class files has a right to
> get the source code as well.

Technically, that's not true.  It's copyright infringement if you don't
provide source code, but this infringement affects only the original
copyright holders.  The recipient has no right to source code.  He might
never receive it, depending on how the infringement is resolved (if at
all).