Re: Questions about liblouis
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Questions about liblouis
- From: Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:36:16 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1204064945.13079.27.camel@lifebook> <20080226234039.GA4579@debian.borkwood>
>On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:29:05PM -0800, Eitan Isaacson wrote:
>> 3. The translation tables that are read at run-time are considered
>> part of this code and are under the terms of the GPL. Any changes to
>> these tables and any additional tables that are created for use by
>> this code must be made publicly available.
>This fails the "desert island test", and so the package is non-free.
The "desert island test" is just something which was invented a few
years ago by some debian-legal@ posters and is not part of the DFSG.
Anyway, this sentence just says that these tables are licensed under the
terms of the GPL, which makes them obviously free.