Questions about liblouis

Hi,

I am trying to get liblouis[1] packaged and in a Debian repository.
Liblouis comes with a few extra permissions and restrictions that I have
been told don't jive with the Debian Social Contract. Could somebody
give insight on this? And possibly tell me what needs to be done for
liblouis to comply with Debian rules. The language of the GPL amendments
appears below, thanks.

"In addition to the permissions and restrictions contained in the GNU
General Public License (GPL), the copyright holders grant two explicit
permissions and impose one explicit restriction. The permissions are:

1) Using, copying, merging, publishing, distributing, sublicensing,
and/or selling copies of this software that are either compiled or
loaded as part of and/or linked into other code is not bound by the
GPL.

2) Modifying copies of this software as needed in order to facilitate
compiling and/or linking with other code is not bound by the GPL.

The restriction is:

3. The translation tables that are read at run-time are considered
part of this code and are under the terms of the GPL. Any changes to
these tables and any additional tables that are created for use by
this code must be made publicly available."

1. http://code.google.com/p/liblouis/