Re: Questions about liblouis

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@jjb-software.com> writes:

> I don't understand why requiring that translation tables should be
> publicly available makes the software non-free. After all, isn't
> this exactly what the GPL requires for code.

No, the GPL requires that every recipient be able to get the
corresponding source code. This can be satisfied by giving them the
source code at the same time they receive some other form of the work.
Thus, it never needs to be made publicly available by anyone to
satisfy the GPL.

--
 \         "If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the |
  `\  lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat)."  -- Jack Handey |