Re: New program based on 2 differently-licensed previous ones

"Cameron Dale" <camrdale@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Can I release the entire program under the GPL?
>
> 2) Do I NEED to make reference to the other works? Should I?
>
> 3) Can I remove the headers in the files that I have modified that
> state the original authors and licenses of the files?

I also recommend to read the article "Maintaining
Permissive-Licensed Files in a GPL-Licensed Project: Guidelines for
Developers" by the Software Freedom Law Center, to be found at
<http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2007/gpl-non-gpl-collaboration.html>.

While this won't answer anything Debian-specific, it's generally
interesting to read.

Sebastian