Re: How to dual-license? (Was: Review of CeCILL-C?)

Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr> wrote: [...]
> But I'm even unsure about how to specify that dual license. Should it
> be =E2=80=9Cor=E2=80=9D, =E2=80=9Cand=E2=80=9D? Or anything else?

Or, I think, because dual-licensing means you can use it under A or B.

> Then, header and footer have to be adapted as well, and that's where
> I'd like to know which kind of statements could be used.

I'd look at Perl and mimic it.  It's not perfect (IIRC FSF made some
comments about it), but it's pretty well-known.

> And last question, is the following statement something sufficient to
> make the dual-license effective?
>
> ,----
> | From: Upstream B
> | To: Upstream A
> | Subject: Dual-licensing of =E2=80=A6
> |
> | [New copyright licensing terms]
> |
> | I hereby dual-license =E2=80=A6 code according to the above-quoted terms.
> `----

I think so.  I'd leave out 'hereby' though, as it's a bit quill pen.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef