Re: License compatibility with GPLv3

"Miriam Ruiz" <little.miry@gmail.com> writes:

> I have no idea on how to check that there are no other GPLv2 only
> libraries directly or indirectly linked, apart from spending hours
> checking manually.

This seems like an ideal case to promote the proposed format
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat> for
machine-parseable 'debian/copyright' files.

In the absence of that, it does seem the only way to know is to
manually parse the 'debian/copyright' files until you've investigated
all dependencies that would count as "derived work".

--
 \       "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of |
  `\   danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, |