Re: [Fwd: [Standards] XSF IPR Policy]

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> writes:

> FYI, as posted on the standards@xmpp.org list...

Thanks for passing this on.

> As approved by the Board of Directors, the XSF's IPR Policy has been
> updated to use a modified MIT license rather than the old Creative
> Commons Attribution License:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/ipr-policy.shtml

Sad to see the obfuscatory term "Intellectual Property Rights" used
throughout, but based on previous discussion regarding the prevailing
attitudes of the XMPP Standards Foundation I can understand that now
is not the time to remove it.

Very good to see a functional minimum of SHOUTY CAPITALS in the
warranty disclaimer. Well done!

> Not all the XEPs reflect the new license yet. That will be fixed
> soon.

The terms as published would appear to me to result in works that are
DFSG-free, despite the noted problems with terminology. Hurrah!

Thanks again for your significant efforts in this area, and
congratulations on the progress made so far.

--
 \      "[Entrenched media coprorations will] maintain the status quo, |
  `\       or die trying. Either is better than actually WORKING for a |