Re: Licensing exception to increase product compatibility

Walter Landry wrote:
Ivan Ristic <ivanr@webkreator.com> wrote:
I think that it's possible to design a licensing exception that would
essentially say the following:

- For non-ModSecurity-related modules, allow any open source licence.
   We would either call for any OSI-certified licence, or explicitly
   list every licence allowed.

- Changes to ModSecurity, or modules that work with ModSecurity to
   change or extend its functionality, would remain covered under GPLv2.

I think you want to do what MySQL has done.  They have similar issues.
See

  http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/foss-exception.html

You are right -- it looks like exactly what we need.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@caltech.edu