Re: licensing of XMPP specifications

Ben Finney wrote:
Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> writes:

Sorry, but I have concluded that the solution is SHOUTY CAPITALS. It
works for others, it will work for us. I have more pressing matters
to attend to and can't spend more time on how exactly to make this
text conspicuous.

Okay. I'm arguing for this in this thread only because the time to
effect changes in the license text is now.

How about this (to be formatted in bold in the HTML, though we'd lose that in ASCII)....

## NOTE WELL: This Specification is provided on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event shall the XMPP Standards Foundation or the authors be liable for any claim, damages, or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort, or otherwise, arising from, out of, or in connection with the Specification or the implementation, deployment, or other use of the Specification. ##

The capitalization follows that found in the Apache License, version 2.0:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre