Re: licensing of XMPP specifications

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> writes:

> Perhaps bold text will help. I'll play around with the formatting
> somewhat. The license will appear only in HTML files, not ASCII as
> I've pasted here, so we have some leeway about formatting.

Not true. The license will appear in modified works as well, and it's
likely that some of them might be plain text only. You still need to
allow for a plain-text version of the license text.

I think making the disclaimer "conspicuous" by visual demarcation
(lines of divider characters around the whole passage) and a header in
capitals is a good option. As for whether it satisfies the decision in
the legal code as discussed in this thread: I hope so, but don't know.

--
 \     "I went camping and borrowed a circus tent by mistake. I didn't |
  `\      notice until I got it set up. People complained because they |