Re: perforce SCM licensing issues

ajdlinux@gmail.com wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 12:26:18PM +0100, Sam Clegg wrote:
> > "
> > In principal, we also do not object to have Perforce binaries included
> > in the non-free part of the debian distribution, as long as it is clear
> > that you are the sole distributor and maintainer of the packages and
> > Perforce is in no way liable for their content and support.
> > "
>
> >From the Perforce licensing policies, it's pretty clear that any
> distribution of Perforce in non-free would require a special agreement
> with Perforce, which can sort of be inferred from the fact that the
> email you received says 'In principal'...
>
> At the bottom of
> http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.072/manuals/p4guide/index.html:
>
> "
> Perforce software and documentation is available from
> http://www.perforce.com. You may download and use Perforce programs,
> but you may not sell or redistribute them. You may download, print,
> copy, edit, and redistribute the documentation, but you may not sell
> it, or sell any documentation derived from it. You may not modify or
> attempt to reverse engineer the programs.
> "
>
> The standard Perforce commercial EULA, from
> http://www.perforce.com/perforce/contracts/commercial.pdf

Does the commercial EULA apply to those to simply downlaod the binaries?
Its certainly displayed at any point.  Does downloading the binaries make
one a "Customer"?

I'm now in contact with some people at perforce who will hopefully
grant us explicit permission to distribute.

(Please CC me on replies)