Re: Exporting Issues related with US laws

Interesting that fingerprint matching algorithms should fall into this category as well. Don't listen to a word I say ;)

I would say that as a UK citizen what he does with the software one he reaches the UK should not be an issue as long as it is within the UK's laws (says one member of the jury)
Unfortunately as we all know the FBI has decided that their jurisdiction extends globally, so were they to learn of this they would probably take issue.
This letter is a little confusing?
Who is actually exporting the software from the UK, is it the person in the United States? Does the person who is giving the software to the person in the UK know that they will export it, or did they tell them they would not?