Re: Why is firebird in Debian?

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:18:53 +0100 (BST) MJ Ray wrote:
> > I suspect it's not happened because ftpmasters decided to accept MPL,
> > but ask by emailing them first, not by filing a serious bug.
>
> Is <ftpmaster@d.o> the right address?

Sorry.  I edited that paragraph heavily.  'Them' was meant to be 'the
maintainers'.

> [...]
> > If you are in a rush, please put this on your TODO rather than 'going
> > off at half-cock'.
>
> Well, I hope I am not the *only* person on this planet who cares about
> Debian, the SC, the DFSG, and licenses.  I (re-)discovered what *I
> think* is a serious bug which should be fixed ASAP: since I was not
> finding enough time to do a complete analysis myself and file bug
> reports, I thought that some other debian-legal regular(s) could get
> interested and take care of the issue, if I raised it on the list...

In which case, I feel it would have been better to post a 'is this a
bug?' message instead of 'Why is this in debian?' especially with all
the poisonous HINADD/HINALing that is going on recently.

> Apparently, I was wrong: debian-legal seems to be much different from
> how it was when I started to participate...  :-(

I share some of your concerns, but I don't think this aspect has changed
much since I started posting here.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef