Re: Why is firebird in Debian?

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:
> Could someone explain to me why firebird is in main?

Because some ftpmaster hit approve, no-one found a bad enough
bug to change it and this plan didn't happen yet:

> It is my opinion that the MPL license fails to meet the DFSG.
> This opinion seems to be shared by other debian-legal regulars:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/06/msg00221.html
[...]

As you may know, I really don't like that as a reference.

The other references are more interesting, but I don't think it's worth
discussing whether it follows DFSG yet if it has practical problems (we
can't comply with the keep-source terms).

Regards,
--
MJR/slef