Re: LGPL v3 compatibilty

In message <[🔎] 20070713150100.GR3558@freenet.de>, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes
I have coded some programs which are explicit under GPL v2 since I do
not like v3 (I have my reasons) but I am using a LIB which is currently
under LGPL v2.

Now the new version of this LIB is v3.

What should I do?

DON'T PANIC (as Douglas Adams said).

If your GPLv2 program links to an LGPLv3 library, then you don't need to give a monkeys.

The whole point behind LGPL is that the LGPL library must be independently distributable, and independently upgradeable. If your program is GPL (any version), then it is compatible with any LGPL library (any version).

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk